As summer winds to an end, we’re already dreading the cold-weather blues. We know the best way to get through the winter doldrums is to plan a fun, sunny vacation to look forward to; but where to go? With so many choices out there, it’s sometimes hard to narrow our options. That’s why we’re having so much fun with Frommer’s “Dream Trip Recommender.”
What started as simple curiosity (where can we escape to this year?) has now turned into a bit of an obsession. Looking for a romantic vacation, beachside with plenty of outdoor adventure? How about a family trip to that ranks high on both luxury and fun?
Simply plug your preferences in, rate other factors (cuisine, nightlife, culture and luxury) as most or least important to you; and wait for your customized vacation destination recommendation.
Here are just a few of the fun combinations we came up with (our selections in bold):
- Family vacation on the Beach with lots of Outdoor Activities: Mexico’s Los Cabos; Hawaii’s Big Island; and Cape Cod’s Nantucket.
- Solo Adventure trip, Off the Beaten Path, Great Food & Drink: Rio de Janiero, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Cannes, France.
- Very Luxurious, Relaxation-Oriented, Spa Resort with Great Cuisine: St. Tropez, France; Puerto Rico; St. Marten, Caribbean; and Maui, Hawaii.
- Romantic vacation with Snow Sports, lots of Luxury and Excellent Dining: Vail, Colorado; Aspen, Colorado; Banff National Park, Canada; and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Since we’re travel-nerds, we could have played this game for hours (full disclosure… we did); but more relevantly, we were happy to find that many of the recommendations are hotspots for vacation property ownership.
Whether you’re looking for a one-time, weeklong timeshare rental in Maui (suggested for that romantic, adventure, beachside search), or you’re looking to buy a family-friendly timeshare in Orlando (also recommended), you should have no problem securing spacious accommodations.
We can’t urge you enough – give it a try! Once you find your dream destination, contact us. We’ll check our inventory for rentals or timeshare resales in your custom locale, and we’ll help you through the whole rental or purchase process.
Every year, Florida International University professor Stephen P. Leatherman (aka. “Dr. Beach“) releases his now famous list of America’s Best Beaches. Dr. Beach bases his decision on a number of factors, including: the look and feel of the sand, water quality and temperature, weather, facilities and crowds. So, which beach took the title of 2012’s Best Beach?
San Diego’s Coronado Beach has been named the nation’s top beach. Blessed by 1.5 miles of sparkling sand (made possible by Mother Nature’s hearty helping of glittery mineral mica), Coronado Beach is located on a peninsula across the bay from San Diego and boasts sunny Mediterranean weather and a “postcard backdrop.” Leatherman notes that Coronado Beach is great for skim boarding and walking, in addition to popular activities including: swimming, surfing sunbathing and beachcombing. The wide, flat beach is lined by majestic mansions and the famous Hotel del Coronado.
Interested in checking out the nation’s Best Beach for yourself? Consider a timeshare or a timeshare rental in a San Diego. We love the breathtaking Four Seasons Aviara Private Residence Club, located amid the coastal hills of Carlsbad less than an hour’s drive from Coronado Beach.
Now we know you’re still wondering – what other beaches made the cut? Is your favorite beach listed? Check out the rest of Dr. Beach’s assessment, below:
2. Kahanamoku Beach in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii
3. Main Beach, East Hampton, N.Y.
4. St. George Island State Park, Florida Panhandle
6. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Mass.
7. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park, Oahu, Hawaii
8. Cape Florida State Park near Miami
9. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, S.C.
10. Cape Hatteras in North Carolina
We’ve got timeshares for sale and rent near a number of the gorgeous locations listed above. Want to get your beach on? Give us a call – we’ll help you find a timeshare near one of the nation’s best beaches for a fraction of the retail cost.
Got a timeshare to sell? Location on or near any of these breathtaking beaches is a major selling point. So don’t wait, contact our licensed timeshare brokers today to buy or sell timeshare on one of the nation’s best beaches!